Saturday, May 9, 2015

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT REBECCA SHERWIN


TWISTED SERIES 
Survival (Twisted #1)

Synopsis
With intertwining memories and a world of deceit and betrayal yet to be exposed, Survival, book #1 in the Twisted series, is an intense, compelling page-turner, seen through the eyes of Skye ‘the Skillet’ Jones.

A mother. A father. Two daughters and a son. A happy suburban family of five.
Tick-tock, tick-tock.
An alcoholic mother. An absent father.
Abandonment. A family ripped apart.
Tick-tock, tick-tock.
Oliver. Beautiful Oliver. My twin brother, my protector.
Fighting. Freedom. Death.
Tick,-tock. Tick-tock
Cut Throat Curtis. My fire and ice. My light and shade. My pleasure and pain.
He taught me to fight; to control emotional turmoil with physical distraction. He had pain of his own, secrets he would never reveal, and I should have known it would only be a matter of time until he left, becoming a ghost in a life I no longer knew.
Tick,-tock. Tick-tock.
Thomas. My magic. My fairy-tale. The man who promised the happy ever after I’d never dared to dream of. My prince. My lover. My everything and more.
Tick,-tock. Tick-tock.
But fate was waiting, as always. The merciless force of kismet watched over me, biding its time, waiting to strike; to plunge me into the depths of defeat and leave me with no choice but to succumb.
It was coming, the twist of fate that would bring me to my knees. It was up to me, Skye the Skillet, to decide whether to bow down and surrender to its will, or fight back, to fight for what I had left.
To fight for my survival…


5 Stars on amazon.com! 
 "The writing makes you experience the events of Skye's life as if you were in her skin. This book is a must read, it’s different, unexpected and the story will stay with you long after you’ve put it down."

"This is an intense novel. It pulls no punches, so to speak. But it is also full of beautiful, tender moments, intense sexuality that will leave you breathless, and heartbreak that will make you sob. You may even have to put the book down and allow yourself some time to experience, with Skye, the impact of what just happened. There is only one phrase that comes to mind for me ... Survival is a total eclipse of the heart."

"The writing makes you experience the events of Skye's life as if you were in her skin. This book is a must read, it’s different, unexpected and the story will stay with you long after you’ve put it down."


Survival (Twisted) Teaser #1


Survival (Twisted #1) Teaser #2



Survival (Twisted #1) Teaser #3

Watch here



TWISTED SERIES 
Revival (Twisted #2)

Synopsis:
With explosive suspense and dark sensuality, Revival, book #2 in the Twisted series, is a passionate, riveting tale of power, conflict and dangerous desire, told by Cut Throat Curtis.

I was a failure. An orphan. A quitter. A heartbreaker. A screw-up. A criminal. A monster.
The life I was imprisoned in was the life I deserved. 
Beep, beep, beep.
Ollie’s death shredded my tenacity, chipped away at my confidence and stole the will to fight out from under me. When the toxic worthlessness swimming through my veins made me reject the only girl I’d ever loved, she took the rest of my life with her.
Beep, beep, beep.
Alone, away from home and emotionally desolate, I was propelled into a life of greed, control and crime when fate played a hand and forced mine into the clutches of Charlie Alexander Tattersell. My vixen. My poison. My villainous addiction.
Beep, beep, beep.
I fought for and against the life that held me captive, but one painful reminder returned to haunt me.
I was the only one who knew the truth.
Skye’s truth. My love. My driving force. My life’s obsession.
Beep, beep, beep.
After enlisting the help of my protégé, Jesse ‘the Gentleman’ Kennedy, the mission began.
I had to find answers, retribution and the spark that would release me from the claws of the abyss and bring me one step closer to the Skillet.
Beep, beep, beep.
With new secrets waiting around every corner, a vicious Charlie waiting to bury me and the haunting memories of every mistake I’d ever made hanging over me, I missed one vital clue.

The key to my revival…

Revival (Twisted #2) Teaser #1

EXCERPT 
Revival (Twisted #2) 

“You want out?” She caressed my tie and feigned concern. I knew better than to believe it.

“So what if I do?”

“We have a deal.” Her eyes darkened with a frown.

Mine darkened in return.

What happens when two stubborn, fucked up people enter into a world-dominatingcontract? The world stops, turns on its axis and spins out of control. The short answer? It’s explosive.

“No, you have a deal. I can walk away whenever I feel like it.” I gripped her knees, pulledher forward, and shoved the dress higher, exposing her underwear.

“That’s what you think?”

“That’s what I know.”

“I can take everything away,” she hissed. “You think you own this place?” She gestured around the room and pointed to the panoramic view of the city. “You think that view is yours to enjoy?” She reached forward and grabbed my tie again. “You these think these suits, your fancy cars, your expensive furniture is yours? That you earned it?” Slowly she reached for my belt and fluidly popped the buckle. “You think you own this city? You think you own me?”

She crashed her lips to mine and I tangled my hand in her hair at the nape of her neck. Charlie’s mouth marked me, leaving a burning stain of toxic red lipstick on my lips when she pulled back.

“You don’t. I can take it away. Just like-” she snapped her manicured fingers in front of my face “-that.”

“That’s what you think?” I repeated her words from earlier.

“That’s what I know.” She repeated mine and spat them back at me.

I reared up, shoving her back on the table with my hand curled around her throat.

“We’ll see who owns who when you’re begging me to let you come.”

I pulled my trousers open and tore her underwear away; Charlie's eyes rolled back and she groaned in satisfaction when I slammed into her.


Revival (Twisted #2) Teaser #2




TWISTED SERIES
Thrive (Twisted #3)

Synopsis:
With everything at stake and nothing to lose, Skye Jones and 'Cut-throat' Curtis Mason are reunited in the fight of their lives - once and for all. It's time to face the demons of the past and the present; to reclaim the powerful, passionate connection that brought them together; and overcome the forces that would tear them apart. It's time to expose - and destroy - the web of lies, deceit and betrayal woven by those around them to hold them captive, to keep them silent, isolated and alone.

The time has come.
There is no time to fight for survival.
There is no time to beg for revival.
There is no other option. There is no choice.
What happens now?

It’s time to Thrive…


Thrive (Twisted #3) Teaser 1


EXCERPT 
Thrive (Twisted #3) 

 “Spread your legs and hold on to the doorframe.”
I did as he asked, pressing my heels back against the doorframe and gripping it tightly with my hands.
“Don’t let go. Don’t touch me. Don’t move unless I tell you to. Understood?”
“Yes.”
He turned and walked back to the room he was in earlier, leaving me in silence and nearcomplete darkness. He returned a few minutes later, his shirt unbuttoned and fanning out as he strode towards me with purpose. His muscles rippled as he walked and the bruises on his torso appeared like dark, ominous shadows in the dim light. He held a black tie tight between his hands and stopped just in front of me with it raised between us.
“Head down,” he ordered, void of emotion.
He hadn’t just gone to choose a prop; he’d taken time out to put his armour on – the mask I’d seen him wear too many times.
 “Why?” I asked, complying and dropping my head, my eyes catching sight of our bare feet.
A purr settled at the back of my throat.
“I can't look at your eyes,” he answered, blinding me with the tie and tying a knot behind my head. His fingers brushed my chin and he raised my head back against the door. “And I can't bear the thought of you looking at me.”
“What are you going to do?”
I was afraid. The anticipation fizzed in my blood, but I was scared of what he would do. Curtis was right – we couldn’t trust each other. I closed my eyes behind the tie and listened for signs from Curtis other than those I’d normally see. His breathing was calm, steady and relaxed. His voice was passive and gave nothing away, but his breath felt warm against my neck when he leaned closer and whispered against my hypersensitive flesh.“I’m going to give you what you want.”


 Thrive (Twisted #3) Teaser #2


 PURCHASE LINKS







Add to Goodreads TBR list 


SNEAK PEAK INTO DECEPTION 

Deception is a standalone novel based on the Twisted Series, and may be read separately. Anticipated release date:  Late Summer, 2015. 
Co-authored by Rebecca Sherwin and Paula Radell.




Deception: Prologue
I’m a doctor. 

My life’s work is to peer beneath the surface – the signs and symptoms – to uncover the truth. Analyze the clues. Test probable causes. Arrive at a diagnosis. Confer. Treat.
Heal.
Repeat.

I’m a boxer.

My passion is to prepare, rigorously - mind and body - to face my opponent. Study his actions. Find his weakness. Attack and defend.
Win.
Repeat.

This is who I am. This is what I do. This is all I know.


I deal with facts. I deal with the truth. I deal with what’s right in front of me.
Emotions are the enemy. In my life, they’re a liability. Once you start to feel, you stand to lose.  You start to deny reality. You make yourself vulnerable to things you don’t want to face…
Patients you can’t heal, fights you can’t win.

But what happens when you don’t know your enemy?
What if it’s not a disease or an injury?
What if it’s an opponent you can’t see, or didn’t see coming?
What if the facts don’t make any sense?
What if all you have to go on is something you can’t begin to understand – and all you can do is feel?
Who is your enemy then?

Deception.

I’m Jesse Kennedy, and deception is the story of my life.




SYNOPSIS

He owns me. Completely, irrevocably. He always has. My heart, body and soul belong to this man and I wouldn't have it any other way. I just hope I'm not too late...'

Two best friends. One Christmas. Unpredictable events that tear a perfect friendship apart.

Jenna Rivera changed after the night on the beach where her heart was broken and she lost everything she thought she had. Gone is the girl who was raised by the sea, replaced by the city girl she swore she'd never be.

Deacon Reid, owner of D R & Son Property Development and the town playboy spends his days avoiding everything his life was before the death of his father five years ago. After losing his dad and his best friend in the same night, Deacon went in search of the trait girls...

Five and a half years, countless one night stands and a stockbroker boyfriend later, Jenna and Deacon reunite. The past and present collide as they mask the all consuming love they feel for each other with a dangerous cocktail of anger, jealousy and lust.

Deacon makes it his mission to win Jenna back, to save her from the years of pain he caused. He swears to be her hero, grasping with both hands at their second chance at the kind of love many dream of .

In life nothing is certain, and every day must be treated as if it's your last. Can they save their love, and each other, before it's too late?







      Add to your TBR list












  One-Click Here











AUTHOR BIO: REBECCA SHERWIN

Rebecca is a coffee drinking, music loving, working single mother and writing insomniac. When she’s not writing, she’s reading and when she’s not reading she’s squeezing her eyes shut and willing sleep to descend.

She writes about serious issues, giving emotional turmoil a twist and adding a little humour and sarcasm. Her stories are real and relatable, yet unexpected and unpredictable. Every writer was a reader first and Rebecca owes her passion for creating and telling emotional tales to the stories she has read and the people, places and experiences that have, and continue to, inspire her. Rebecca wants her readers to escape to a world where fairy tales and true love exist, wrapping her stories up with angst, passion and curveballs you won't see coming.Her writing aims to bring problems and tragedies people face every day to light, make them relatable and leave her readers thinking long after they’ve read the

In 2015, you will find Rebecca signing her books at events in London, York, and Birmingham; and in 2016 she plans to sign at Leeds, Cardiff, Liverpool, Essex and Dublin. If you are in the area, please stop by and say hello.








No comments:

Post a Comment