Monday, May 22, 2017

Poetry Corner with Poison Ivy and Friends


Welcome Poets and Friends!

Thank you all for joining me, Poison Ivy, here at the poetry corner. This is the 2nd edition of the poetry and the poetry writing challenge has changed. In this edition, poets were given the same photo and with that photo they had to find words of inspiration. 

All poem submissions are private. The poets are asked not to share with one another or anyone else. Here at the poetry corner, all the poems are seen for the first time by the public.

Below is the photo the poets used. This photo was randomly found on Google. 


Enjoy!

Poem #1 - Persuasive Lie
by Jesse Batista

I am not that which I am perceived to be. Do not think that you even know me. I will show you compassion, but, l I think you’ll find, the demon that raised me, poisoned my mind. The glow of my aura beckons for peace. The rage is inside me; the violent release. My love is enduring.  My desires are strong. My revenge is twisted if you do me wrong. The calm would seem to sooth my soul, but I am left with anger and no self- control. Just when you think you’ve taken charge, your deceit will release the beast at large. The outer shell is a persuasive lie. Deceive me once and you shall die.


Poem #2 - Why, must I be who I am?
by: Dara Gossamer


Why, must I feel the way that I feel

I look in the mirror and what do I see

Nothing, there is no me

Worthless, broken and unlovable

Some of us just have that kind of trouble.

No connection to another...

Uncertain when it happened

I think maybe, I was just born sad.

Is is possible to be incapable of happiness?

Fleeting glimpses of what that may be

Watching others, not understanding the world they see the

Wanting nothing more than this world to flee.

Insightful, everyone thinks I am

But really, I am nothing but a fucking sham

Content, to represent... A false prophet am I
A liar, a cheat...

The stories of my life the same, they just repeat.

Always on the outside, looking in

An invisible veil between me and them

No one sees it, they believe I am soft, tender and kind

To my inner self, they are blind

Me, they think they see me for who I am, but I am beyond flawed

 I am just a fraud .

Why, must I be who I am?

Poem #3 - by: an unknown

Mirror, Mirror watching me
I can feel your hatred flowing free.
I can sense your eyes follow me around,
I can hear your voice calling all over town.
I do my best to live life without hesitation,
But it's nearly impossible when I fear my own reflection.
People say I'm crazy but they don't understand,
They don't feel the touch upon my hand.
They don't realize what you're trying to do,
But I know that you're waiting for the chance to pull me through.
You want to trade me places so you can escape your cell,
Live my life while I rot inside your hell.
I know the games you play,
Looking sweet and innocent until I turn away.
I look into your eyes and feel the scorn,
It's not my fault that you, dear sister, were never born.
I think it's time to let go of the hate and stop the childish games,
It's time to let me live my life in peace because I am not to blame.
I know you don't agree with me and the hate is something you will never let go,
So, I will look straight into your eyes as I grab a piece of broken glass and open my arm to let the blood flow.
I'll stare at you ensuring that you can't stop me no matter how hard you want to try,
And as I collapse to the floor out of your sight, a small will creep on my face as we slowly wilt and die.



             What do you see in the mirror?

Thank you everyone for joining us all. Thank you to the outstanding poests above for taking this challenge and allowing the image to takeover. Your poems are beautiful. Love them all! 

See you at the next challenge. 

Kind regards, 
~Poison Ivy 

3 comments:

  1. What a great challenge! So many beautiful twists and turns in these poems. Sad, intriguing, sincere, painful....everything poetry should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad you enjoyed all the poems.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad you enjoyed all the poems.

      Delete